The Spanish coach will assume charge of the Italian squad in July and will be ready to take over the bench joined by his existing technical staff. Confirmed to join him will be long time collaborators who were with him both at Liverpool FC, Inter Milan and Chelsea FC: physical trainer Francisco de Miguel Moreno and goalkeeping coach Vicente Javier Valero Berchili. At the time of writing further assistant staff are not yet confirmed.
Rafa Benitez speaking exclusively to his website said:
"Now that the agreement is confirmed, I can say I am very happy and very satisfied for having committed to a great club with an illustrious heritage like Napoli. I understand the history of the city and how the club forms a fundamental part of the culture and traditions of Naples. I must confess that I am extremely excited because I can share my passion for football with the fans of Napoli; it is proven that they are very, very special. "
Benitez wanted to address precisely what will be his new project and passion: "I look forward to experiencing each and every one of the fans of Napoli and their strong support for this project that we will begin. I’m happy to become a member of that great family of Naples and thus we can share the triumphs together. We will begin from the start as we mean to go on and we will fight from the beginning to achieve success for the fans of SSC Napoli."
- Rafa Benítez stays at United
- Rafa Benitez, visiting the academy
- Thanks toons, thanks visitors
- Benítez : "I know we have quality"
- First words of Benítez in black and white
- Rafa Benítez meets Globall Coach again
- Great job at Barnstondale
- Rafa Benítez in Daily Mirror
- Benítez: "With 10 men, the team stood up"
- Benítez: "I have complete confidence"