Yesterday, with only a few hours until the closure of the transfer window, we have reached agreements for two signings: Miguel Almirón, an attacking midfield from Atlanta United FC in the Major League Soccer in USA and Antonio Barreca,a left-back from AS Monaco.
In the case of Miguel Almirón, he was a star player at Atlanta United FC, current winners of the MLS cup with the club being founded just five years ago. We have been following Miguel Almirón for a while and we think he will add pace to our attack playing behind the striker or even like a winger. He is really focused and wants to do well. He wants to be successful and he wants to help the team, to score goals and give assists if possible. It’s a pleasure to welcome him to Newcastle.
Our other addition who it’s also pleasure to welcome us Antonio Barreca, an Italian player from AS Monaco who comes to reinforce the left wing. The left-back/left-wing-back position is one we've been looking to strengthen for a while and he has quality, good delivery and is good going forward.
With these two reinforcements, both with an offensive mentality, we will try to improve overall and find the balance, like we did in the last game against Manchester City. I want to thank all those involved for all the work and effort in improving the squad after this tough and 'long' transfer window. So we are looking now to the future and prepare the complicated game against Tottenham. C'MON TOONS!!!
- Family day
- Two signings to find a balance
- Looking to the future
- A reward for all of us
- Traoré visits Newcastle
- At Newcastle United Foundation tenth anniversary dinner
- Congratulations Jamaal
- A very technological day
- An intense and useful day in Nyon
- Federico Fernández joins NUFC
- Schär arrives straigh from the World Cup
- Our Irish experience has come to an end
- Welcome again Kenedy
- RB, now on Instagram
- South Korea captain checks in
- Martin Dubravka stays with us
- Kenedy is here, welcome to NUFC
- Rewarding morning in Durham
- At the 125 Years United Dinner
- Coaches from Madrid visit Newcastle