Today we welcomed the visit of Djimi Traoré, the ex Liverpool FC player who played under me, and now retired from playing professionally is working as Brian Schmetzer’s coach at the Seattle Sounders FC of the MLS. During the time we shared at Liverpool FC, we won several titles like the FA Cup, the European Super Cup and of course, the UEFA Champions League with the extraordinary final at Istanbul in 2005. Djimi cleared a ball on the line which was an important factor to getting that Cup.
In addition, Traoré has an excellent personal relationship with our right-back, DeAndre Yedlin. They meet in Seattle Sounders FC team, in the closing stages of his career as a professional player.
It is always a pleasure to help a young trainer in his evolution as professional. In this case even more for the appreciation I have for Traore. I have been impressed by his eagerness to learn and his preparation. Good luck Djimi.
- Back to work
- To be patient
- Intensive and useful days in Shanghai
- R.I.P. Xana
- Good luck Fernando
- Good luck for the season
- Rafa's visit to Barnstondale
- Family day
- Two signings to find a balance
- Looking to the future
- A reward for all of us
- Traoré visits Newcastle
- At Newcastle United Foundation tenth anniversary dinner
- Congratulations Jamaal
- A very technological day
- An intense and useful day in Nyon
- Federico Fernández joins NUFC
- Schär arrives straigh from the World Cup
- Our Irish experience has come to an end
- Welcome again Kenedy