Our new season has already started, on 6th of July the lads came back from their holidays and on 11th we travelled to the 'Carton House Hotel' in Ireland; a nice place that we already knew from the last two preseasons and a really good place to do our job, without distractions and with the right conditions.
We held a lot of double training sessions with the players working really hard and enjoying themselves. The atmosphere was great, they went early to the gym to do prevention work and after we did the usual training on the pitch. Small football games, patterns of play and tactical work. And some days, in the afternoon, we did certain work in the gym. And as always, we saw some Newcastle fans and for me, like every year, we saw some Liverpool FC fans who reminded me 'the best day of my [their] life' as they say on the 25th of May 2005 in Istanbul.
We continued the preparation for the game against St. Patricks Athletics, at its level, a good team and a credit to Liam Buckley its manager, they have a good style of football and they have a game plan, despite beating them 0-2 (Longstaff and Atsu -p-) they were a very good opponent.
There were lots of Newcastle fans in the Stadium and a good game with some young players having a great experience with the First Team (Víctor Fernández, Callum Robets, Sean Longstaff, Josef Yarney and also Adam Armstrong, this one with more experience with us).
In the end, it was a good positive time with everyone together to prepare the team for the next season. C'MON TOONS!!!
- Two signings to find a balance
- Looking to the future
- A reward for all of us
- Traoré visits Newcastle
- At Newcastle United Foundation tenth anniversary dinner
- Congratulations Jamaal
- A very technological day
- An intense and useful day in Nyon
- Federico Fernández joins NUFC
- Schär arrives straigh from the World Cup
- Our Irish experience has come to an end
- Welcome again Kenedy
- RB, now on Instagram
- South Korea captain checks in
- Martin Dubravka stays with us
- Kenedy is here, welcome to NUFC
- Rewarding morning in Durham
- At the 125 Years United Dinner
- Coaches from Madrid visit Newcastle
- Merino is ours, it's great news!