Rafa Benitez has been nominated by FIFA to join the select group of coaches from various international football clubs for Coach of the Year 2013. The current coach of the Napoli bench has received the news whilst preparing for their game tomorrow against Fiorentina in Serie A, coming in the midst of an intense schedule of national and international competitions. The achievement from last years UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE win with Chelsea FC was the tenth title won by the Madrid born coach who has lead teams in three different countries. Benitez who is currently in charge of Napoli, have started the new season well leading to a promising 2013.
The UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE achievement earlier this year with the London club in Holland added to the achievements of two Spanish league and UEFA Cup wins with Valencia CF, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, the UEFA Super Cup, FA Cup and Charity Shield whilst as Manager of Liverpool FC and the Italian Super Cup and the World Club Cup whilst at Inter Milan.
Nominated with Benitez, who recently celebrated his 100th game in the UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE- becoming the first Spanish coach to reach that figure, are the ten other nominees chosen by FIFA for Coach of 2013: Carlo Ancelotti, Vicente Forest, Antonio Conte, Alex Ferguson, Jupp Heynckes, Jürgen Klopp, Jose Mourinho, Luiz Felipe Scolari and Arsene Wenger.
You can check the link of the official website of FIFA below:
- Rafa Benítez Highlights before Cardiff
- Rafa Benítez Highlights before Blackburn
- Rafa Benítez Highlights before Chelsea
- Benítez: "It's an opportunity to do well"
- Rafa Benítez Highlights before Watford
- Benítez: "It's important to end 2018 in a high note"
- Rafa Benítez: Highlights before Fulham
- Benítez: "We are in a good position"
- Rafa Benítez in The Sunday Times
- Benítez: "Every game is really important"